I started the Alexander Technique due to slight scoliosis and a stretched nerve in my left lower back and I thought it would improve my posture which could only help my injury! I've got far more out of the technique than just improved posture! The first thing that I've learned is how to work with my Alexander Technique teacher and my body to control the pain! When the horrible muscle spasms start, I can now use breathing to help instead of lying on the floor helpless. Instead of focusing on what I can't do or do incorrectly, my teacher has helped me to understand what I do right and to do things that I didn't think that I could do. I found out that I have model hips rather than a twisted spine and that I can sit on an exercise ball without falling over! In short, the technique has made a huge difference to my life. I would recommend it to everyone and strongly believe that it should be on the NHS!
Head Leeds Again!
STAT Conference Leeds Trinity University 21 – 23 July, 2017
Don’t miss the early bird deadline of 15th January 2017
- book and pay your deposit of £50.00 before that
Please find all the information you will need to book for this conference on the website above.
- The conference will be opened with a talk by Herbert Steger, Chair of the Austrian Society
- Lee Warren will host a Cabaret on Friday evening
- There will be a variety of great workshops
- There will also be work exchange and a ceilidh on Saturday night with award winning musicians
- The AGM will be on Saturday afternoon, followed by the Memorial Lecture with Ilana Machover
Please refer to the Conference Booking documents for more information and for a full description of workshops
The early bird deadline is the 15th January 2017
and the closing date for booking is 12th May 2017
You can download the booking forms by clicking here.
If you have any questions, please email Pat Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org